Faux Fu

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

It's About the Yucks!

'Does anyone remember laughter?' Yeah, well, then you find out that the joke is on you.

Work yesterday: all nails in the hands, crown of thorns, sweating blood in the garden (I don't have a Christ Complex, really!) On the El in the evening: a soul-killer, look around see a tin can packed with little dead sardines, salted, and ready to be consumed. These are my fellow human beings (oh little Grasshopper, never join a club that would have you as a member).

Bedtime: I decide to bring out the blow-up mattress (no, not the blow up doll) to watch Monday Night Football (Packers and Rams --- have to root for the Packers --- the manufacturing sector needs all the help it can get). I have this vision of sleeping on air. Of course, all night, I toss and turn, dreams of fire and ice (Apocalypse and Four Horseman stuff).

I'm up early, frazzled already, doing 'expense reports,' documenting where I have expended myself - here, there, everywhere. I've 'reaccessed' the Fool all right...there is a man, there is a banana peel, life is where these two opposing forces meet.

Blog Archive