Faux Fu

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Do You Want to Play?

Yesterday, I was primarily the 'invisible man,' making calls, sending e-mails trying to get someone to talk to me. I was mainly unsuccessful. It's not hard work, just unfulfilling. End of day, feeling kind of low, I headed to Peter Jones. We had a 'tuneup' rehearsal in anticipation of weekend performances. Our cast is such a great group, all professional people, (two in advertising, one a lawyer, one a film director, and me -- the 'sunny' one) who are strangely attracted to theater and acting. The 'tuneup' is to keep lines fresh; all of us came together to this place without complaint.

The dark place where money isn't. There's something about totally committing to the creative cause that is liberating. I came out of Peter Jones, re-animated with the fire, inspired by people who want to do good work, want to commit totally, who can see the benefits of a life lived fully.

So strange --- the way we get to this place --- we pretend.

Blog Archive