Faux Fu

Friday, June 26, 2020

What Have I lost...

I am "on the road" this morning. In a foreign place. It's a rainy morning. Dark. I am feeling a bit wistful. Uncertain. Tentative. Just want to get a few words on the page.

What have I lost
What have I found

Where have I been
Where am I going

What do I know
What have I forgotten

What's for lunch

The a.m. soundtrack - Bruce Springsteen's "The Ghost of Tom Joad"  (1995). I don't own this one. It was sitting on a shelf. Put it on the box this a.m. I don't know why I don't own a copy. I think I will order one up. It's a great record. Bruce with an acoustic guitar, sometimes a harmonica, singing in that great folky tradition. Conjures up Woody Guthrie and Bob Dylan. Stripped down. Hard-won wisdom. Bruce is a great, socially-conscious songwriter. Writing about life in America. Great voice. Essential.

Blog Archive