Faux Fu

Monday, June 29, 2020

Character Matters...

Character. 

What do you do when the chips are down? When there is a crisis? When you don't know the right answer? When you are scrambling in the moment? 

What do you do? Do you melt? Disintegrate? Deflect? Put your head in a cloud? Stand tall? Cower in the corner? Take the bull by the horns?

Maybe in sequence of a life you end up doing all of the above. Different times, different circumstances.

It's only later you judge. What happened? What did I do? WTF?

You do your best, and damn the torpedoes. Try not to judge yourself or others too harshly. We are all human.  Live. Let live. Be gentle. Be kind. Lend a helping hand. Lean to the light. Try to leave the place in good order, better than when you arrived. At least, that's a worthy goal to shoot for.

The a.m. soundtrack - King Crimson's "Larks' Tongues in Aspic." (1973). I get the impression this King Crimson record is sort of over-looked, under-valued. I think it's quite good. Not what I expected. Delicate. Sophisticated. And then really noisy, a bit annoying too. I love the violin and the percussion instruments. Of course, great musicianship,. I especially love John Wetton's bass and vocals. A bit whimsical, magical, experimental, edgy and dissonant too. One of their best records. I own the EMG released 24bit CD remaster. The sound quality is amazing.

Blog Archive