Faux Fu

Thursday, March 28, 2019

The Obvious Liars!

I hate seeing the Obvious Liars seemingly on the ascendant. I think it's an illusion, a blip on the pop cultural radar, and it won't last, but I also worry that much of our media-obsessed citizenry can be fooled, at least for awhile, and in those moments of confusion, there is an opportunity for the Obvious Liars to fuck things up worse for the rest us.

We don't need to fuck things up worse. We have too much work to do. And we are wasting time.

The Zen Masters tell us: "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few." Yeah. We need a few less experts, and more beginners. I for one am comfortable in thinking I don't really know what I thought I knew. No worries about trying to see clearly, with new eyes.

I do know we need to stop listening to the Obvious Liars. They are a dead-end, leading us into the abyss. They make lots of noise, sound and fury, signifying nothing. We need to move on from nothing and into a new positive, truth-telling, life-affirming something.

Blog Archive