Faux Fu

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Glimmering Shards...

Photo by Saul Leiter

Reading Teju Cole's  book of essays, "Known and Strange Things," now...

Glimmering shards of of light!

I found this in the essay about the "street" photographer Saul Leiter:

"There are things that are out in the open and then there are the things that are hidden, and life has more to do, the real world has more to do with what is hidden, maybe. You think?" - S. Leiter

And this is from an interview with Cole:

"As for faith: I don't believe in the Christian god, or the Muslim one, or the Jewish one. I'm sentimentally attached to some of the Yoruba and Greek gods - the stories are too good, too insightful, for a wholesale rejection - though I don't ask them for favors. What do I believe in? Imagination, gardens, science, poetry, love, and a variety of nonviolent consolations. I suspect that in the aggregate all this isn't enough, but it's where I am for now." - Teju Cole

Blog Archive