Faux Fu

Friday, April 11, 2014

The World of The Smiths!




I've been on a Smiths kick lately. That most cult-like of cult bands. Think 80's Manchester. For me, they are a timeless band, with a timeless discography. They never made a false move. They were unlike any other band on the planet. To my ears they never sounded like anyone else, and no one sounded like them.

I think it was Terry Flamm over at Broken Hearted Toy that re-fired my Smiths love. A nice little review of Johnny Marr's The Messenger.  And then I watched Marr and his band rip through a great set on the Apogee Sessions. Inspiring!

So I just received my copy of Tony Fletcher's book on the Smiths! I expect all roads and thought-trains will lead to and thru the Smiths for awhile…

And then I found out that Johnny Marr is a vegan, a marathon runner, a tee-totaler and a Buddhist.  Oh yeah and probably one of the coolest, greatest guitar stylists who has ever walked the land! And then I found Johnny Marr's great website! Oh man, just the best… check out his guitar collection. Amazing. And what's also amazing is no matter what guitar he plays, no matter what amp, or what strings he uses, the sound is always all Johnny Marr!

Blog Archive