Faux Fu

Friday, November 28, 2008

We are not two we are one...

Turkey day. I avoided the bird. I ate a Turkey roast made out of mushrooms. Mushrooms?! That's right, mushrooms. It was quite good. Throw in some vegetarian gravy, a healthy dollop of mashed potatoes, some mixed vegetables and it was quite the feast. I brought over one of my favorite movies, Darjeeling Limited for the family to see.

It's one of those movies that makes me laugh, makes me cry, and makes me marvel at how good a filmmaker is Wes Anderson. It features a wonderful Kinks song called "Strangers." I do think it is a wise film. For me it is quite transcendent. I couldn't find the Kinks clip on YouTube, I guess copyright issues, but here are the lyrics to the song and a nice clip from the movie.

Strangers on this road we are on
We are not two we are one
Strangers on this road we are on
We are not two we are one


Blog Archive