Faux Fu

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Beauty Needs No Reasons

I haven't really written much about Sigur Ros. But ever since I discovered them back in 2000 or so, I have listened to them probably more than any other band I can think of.

They are strange outfit from Iceland - they use glockenspiels, tympanis, gongs, with lyrics sung in a made up language. They create hauntingly beautiful music. I cannot get on an airplane without my Walkmen and a couple Sigur Ros discs. If I want to go into a deep mediation, sometimes I cheat and play their music. It helps propel me to other worlds.

Lands of beauty and grandeur.

Their music is cinematic. I like to construct my own movies. My films are filled with color - vast landscapes - beyond the human touch.

Still they also have some beautiful videos that they have created too. Here is one of my favorites. Still takes my breath away. And that's a good thing.

Blog Archive