Faux Fu

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

"You can be invisible too!"

I was so jazzed up last night, I could not sleep. It might have something to do with the heat and humidity. It's like a switch was turned on, and there was no turning off. Yesterday, I kind of floated through the world, without being able to latch onto anything. There were moments, all alone, waiting for a phone call, when I actually felt I had finally acheived invisibility. My job expects me "to make things happen," but sometimes I get the distinct impression that things "just happen;" I am less of an actor, and more of a witness.

"And what did you see my blue-eyed son? And what did you see, my darling young one..."

I saw a world, spinning on it's axis, it went around so fast, I couldn't even tell it was moving. I walked around on this little planet, wondering if there were other worlds spinning too. I wondered if there was anyone else out there, silent, invisible, wondering just like me.

Blog Archive