Faux Fu

Saturday, October 22, 2005

A Chocolate Chip on my shoulder

I'm kind of in "suspended animation," this morning. Does that make me "cartoon-like?" Caught between hopeful/optimistic and hopeless/pessimistic. This applies to any subject you might want to come up with this morning: politics, the world, the environment, enlightenment, arts, entertainment, personal survival, personal hygeine, personal personality traits, etc. I'm not really prepared to commit to one viewpoint or another, either, I'm just kind of holding both in my head simultaneously. Didn't F. Scott Fiztgerald say something about "intelligence is the ability to hold two contrary thoughts in your head at the same time," or something like that? Now I'm not claiming any kind of superior intelligence or anything, in fact, I'm not claiming anything this morning. It's cloudy outside, sunny inside, want to make something of it?

Blog Archive