Faux Fu

Thursday, May 30, 2024

A Necessary Cleanse...

I have found myself in a hidey-hole. A bit of a cul de sac. Split between two magnificent homes near the lake. Often totally alone with two little furry critters, living in luxurious digs. It's strange. Sort of ship-wrecked, on an island, an island of plenty.

I check in on the news of the day occasionally. And even as I do it, I wonder: "Why?" It's a habit. Not sure if it's a healthy one. There is so much noise coming from so many quarters. It seems my fellow humans are running around with their hair on fire. 

There are the shit-stirrers, the tear down everythings, those who want to watch it all burn to embers. There are those wishing to fan the flames and then walk on those embers. There are a few folks (I seek them out), who are trying to keep their heads, be cool, explain the madness with cool & comforting lines of reason. Of course, it all seems a bit inadequate.

From my hidey-hole it all just sounds like chatter. The lapping of waves. It's easy to tune out the noise, & the counter-noise, and sink into my own reveries. 

Sure. Yes. That seems like a great plan to adopt. I am living in these surroundings for another week or so. I think of it as a necessary cleanse. A bit of a retreat from the hurly-burly & hustle & flow.

Blog Archive