Faux Fu

Friday, April 21, 2023

The Saboteur Within...

Tumultuous night's sleep. I think of the saboteur within. Yes. An expert in sabotage. I am back home from a long sojourn lightly-existing in another realm. My first night's sleep back in my own bed was a roiling, boiling, bubbling, troubling brew of hurly-burly.

So often I have been my own worst enemy in this long, snaky, shaky example of a life. Scenes of humiliation, futility, stupidity, and frankly bad decisions and wrong turns flooded through me last night. If my internal saboteur is correct, I am a wreck of human being. It is surprising that I am still standing, breathing and thinking.

I have to laugh. I mean, in the cold light of this Friday morning, my humble existence doesn't seem all that fruitless and ridiculous, I mean, yes, maybe mostly fruitless and ridiculous with a healthy dollop of self-sabotage. I suppose if I'd give myself a grade it would be: Pretty Much Incomplete.  

Blog Archive