Faux Fu

Tuesday, April 04, 2023

Indictment Tuesday...

 My "Better Angel," that would be the one on my right shoulder, reminds me of the pithy phrase: "There but for the Grace of God, go I."

My "Bad-Boy Angel," the one on my left shoulder, declares: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." 

I'm stuck in the middle, leaning towards that idea: "You will reap what you sow."

There is a well-known con-man, a notorious cad & flim-flam-man due in court later today. Many of my friends, and I are quite happy to see that a quite repulsive, rich, privileged white-guy, who has lived a life on the corrupt margins, may finally be held to account.

Germans have a phrase that captures the moment perfectly: Schadenfreude - "is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another. It is a borrowed word from German, with no direct translation, that originated in the 18th century." Schadenfreude has been detected in children as young as 24 months and may be an important social emotion establishing "inequity aversion". 

Exactly! Let it come down!

Blog Archive