Faux Fu

Friday, April 07, 2023

Outrage in TN...

No Justice, No Peace...


I've been around a long time. I have been a political junkie since an early age. I have had a bird's eye view of a lot of corruption, turmoil, hurly-burly, bad faith & bad actors. As an optimistic progressive it can be an ugly task just keeping up with the latest news, I am not easily shocked.  Shite. I mean, yikes.  This story totally blows my mind. It is 2023. 2 Black Democratic Representatives expelled from the TN house for advocating for reforming gun laws in the wake of a school shooting in Nashville.

It is a blatantly racist, anti-democratic stunt from an unhinged Republican majority in TN. It truly is mind-boggling, and an outrage. 

"In an extraordinary move, Tennessee's Republican-led House voted Thursday to expel two of three Democratic lawmakers who recently led a raucous protest from the House floor calling for gun law reforms.

Reps. Justin Jones, D-Nashville, and Justin Pearson, D-Memphis, were both removed from the body with votes falling along party lines, in a disciplinary measure that's only been used twice since the 1800s. The votes were 72 - 25 and 69 - 26 respectively. Together, they represent a combined constituency of about 130,000 people."

I stand with the 2 Justins! 

No Justice, No Peace.

Blog Archive