Faux Fu

Sunday, April 02, 2023

The First Time, Every Time...

I said this in a conversation yesterday, (I know, kind of funny quoting myself), but I think, off the top of my head, I blurted out a core belief and practice...

"I like to approach everything with Beginner's Mind, and damn the torpedos."

You know, you don't want to reinvent the wheel, but you can't worry about what other folks have done, or haven't done. If you tell someone you are pursuing some project, or mission, the first thing you usually get in response is that it can't be done, or it has been already been done, or, you know, why the fuck bother?

Yes. The naysayers are legion. Best to tune them out. Maybe pretend that what you taking on is something that has never been done. You do it and, you know, you see what the fuck happens. Damn the torpedos.

Blog Archive