Faux Fu

Friday, January 25, 2019

Death. The Big Enchilada!

Death is the Big Enchilada. Even if you don't eat Mexican food. Doesn't matter. Death.

I was talking to a friend yesterday. We are both advancing in the age thing. There is a point in your life, when it dawns on you that Death isn't just for other people. Nope. It's pretty much for everyone. Old, young, rich, poor. Whatever. Everyone.

We talked about how we each have different strategies for dealing with this unfortunate circumstance. My friend counts. He counts the days, the years. He banks $. He plans. He frets. He tries to think about how to prepare for the inevitable.

I take a totally different approach. I don't think about it. I mean, I have always been "death-haunted," but I work hard on pushing those kinds of thoughts out of my head. It's full time job just trying to not think about Death. I don't count days or years. I don't bank $. I don't plan. I don't fret. I do not think about how to prepare for the inevitable.

I try to live by the Wisdom of the Yogi: BE HERE NOW. There is an upside. I don't PANIC! The downside? I have no plan. None. I don't keep track of the years. I try to pretty much think about just about anything else. All the time.

Still that Big Enchilada is always looming out there. Think about it or not. Doesn't really matter.

Blog Archive