"Don’t follow leaders Watch the parkin’ meters..." - Bob Dylan
Yes. I have incorporated that line into my own personal code for most of my life. I don't really want to be a follower. I am not looking for a leader to follow. I pay the meter when I have to, I don't try to draw any attention from the "powers that be."
I prefer to be my own leader, a leader with with no followers, ok, maybe a leader with one follower. Me. It's a lonely road, but I'm okay with being alone.
"If my thought-dreams could be seen, they'd probably put my head in a guilotine..." - Bob Dylan
I am interested in the idea of leaders. I think of folks who lead by example. Usually they have suffered at the hands of some injustice, or indignity, and have carried on with grace and courage, or maybe they have always just been gifted with grace and courage and have no problem standing alone. There are very few folks who could qualify. I think of Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu, Martin Luther King Jr, Gandhi, Dorothy Day, Cesar Chavez, Thomas Merton, Ho Chi Minh, Dali Lama.
I mean, there are plenty of folks who we never hear of that show these qualities. The common decent folk. I know they are out there somewhere. I look for wisdom and courage where I can. Mostly, human beings are pretty much a disappointment. So many of us come up short. I mean, hell, it's okay, it's only life, it's a struggle! But we should struggle. Fight our worst instincts, and listen to our better angels. That's an idea!
- Enforced Freedom.
- Answering Machine...
- Junun. Sound. Vision. Extraordinary.
- Time Tripping with Sergio Leone!
- You Do Not Want to Be This Idiot in Chief!
- Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, has Found the ...
- Death. The Big Enchilada!
- Motion-Sickness on the Planet!
- Build a Wall Around the Idiot in Chief?!
- A Worrying Problem!
- MLK, Jeff & Brian
- "Thoughts of a Madman: Russian Agent, or Useful Id...
- Hold Your Horses!
- The Liar Lied to the Other Liar and they agreed to...
- Everything is Fragile!
- Get Your Head Together!
- Garbage In, Garbage Out...
- One of the Greatest Mistakes in the History of Fat...
- The Obvious Questions.
- Painfully, Blindingly, Ridiculously Obvious for a ...
- Know Your History, Know Yourself.
- A Leader, With No Followers!
- It's Not Often You Get to Express the Zeitgeist of...
- "The Alternate Boot: Vols. 1&2" is Here!
- It's A "No-Brainer!
- Let's Make America Equitable Again!
- Yep. Of Course.
- No Walls.
- Sometimes You Just Do the Day.
- Burning Question...
- I'm Bad with Numbers.
- ▼ January (31)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)