whitewolfsonicprincess' 2nd single Child of the Revolution

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Sometimes the Long-Shot Miracle is the Right Call!

Hah! Contrary to all those Bible Thumpers, I guess it's safe to say that God actually wanted a Democratic Senator in Alabama! She just couldn't abide that Republican Abomination. Surprise. Surprise.

Was it a miracle? Sort of. Think: an extremely outstanding or unusual event, thing, or accomplishment. Could it have been an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs? Well, I mean, hell, who knows?

A Democratic Senator in deep-red Alabama... how could it be...? OK. Maybe not Divine Intervention, but how about a pretty cool Coalition of Voters, according to Perry Bacon Jr. of 538: "Kind of befitting the Jones coalition, the crowd of Jones supporters was about one quarter black women in hats and about a quarter young hipsters, with a lot of older whites also in attendance."

Congrats to Alabama. The nation turns it's lonely eyes to you. I also want to give a shout-out to Jason Isbell who I wrote about here:  "One lone man, in the spotlight, battling feedback and reverb, singing his heart out for a long-shot miracle."

Blog Archive