Faux Fu

Sunday, March 11, 2012

My Therapist tells me to say "yes" more often!

I don't have a therapist.  My problems are my own.  I don't have the cash or the inclination to outsource my problems to an expert in the field.  And anyway, do we even believe in therapy any more?  Isn't it all just pharmacology nowadays?


Aren't we all just "tweaking our mix?"  We've got our mood enhancers, our uppers, our downers, all our various chemical cocktails.  And if we get adventurous, we start mixing our chemicals into one grand milkshake and god knows if we wake up in the morning or not.


Just ask Heath, or Whitney, or Michael about that chemical cocktail thing.


Anyway, I'm not sure if I even have any "problems" to therapy about.  I've got my ups, my downs, my sunny days, my dump days, and everything in between.  I've got the zigs and the zags.  That's part of life right?


I'm sure we all go through that stuff.  It's the human thing.  It's a strange trip, and there's no operator's manual.  You just kind of work through it on your own.  And you can, and you do.


As Philip Dick once said, "you are the authority."  You are the author of your own existence. The main thing is to keep the narrative moving forward... yes.

Blog Archive