Faux Fu

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Three Days

Ben Franklin (Poor Richard) tells us, "early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."

Well, Ben, I'm not sure about health, wealth or wisdom, but there's certainly something to be said for the "well-rested" man...

The early bird may catch the worm, but birds and men cannot live on worms alone...

Sleep deprivation is a good way to break a human being; add in three days of debauchery (too much sweat, way too many cold beers, lots of laughter and a little stumbling), and you've got a good idea of what the Abbie Fest really meant to ole sunnyjimmy...

How can I feel good if I don't feel bad? How can I be up if I'm not down? We live in a bi-polar world, right? There's the north and south, and as one of Bukowski's titles once posited - there's the "South of No North."

It was probably all too much, or just enough, or too little, too late, or anyway it was something...hell it was loads of fun too, although as I've been known to say, "fun isn't what it's cracked up to be." Now I'm on a new kick...clean living...let's see how long that lasts...

Blog Archive