Faux Fu

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Changing My Life, Again!

I have lately turned to oatmeal. My thinking: if it was good enough for Secretariat, it is good enough for me. Just like that, I given up my love affair with bagels and English muffins, which I was totally mad about for a time, and I have completely truly, madly, deeply, embraced oatmeal.

I know. Sounds silly.

Yes. I can say that now it is oatmeal that has changed my life. It's funny, discovering things that change my life happens quite often. I mean it happens so often, it is a running joke around here. Turns out this old dog can learn new tricks. I am often trying new things on for size. So, yeah, modifiying my morning routine with a bowl of oatmeal is a new thing. To me it seems sort of earth-shaking, an amazing discovery. Oatmeal. Easy to make, easy to eat. Good for you. You know, nothing fancy. Basic. Simple. Plain. Changing my life one bowl, one spoonful, at a time! 

Blog Archive