Faux Fu

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Gypsy-Like Existence...

Yesterday, the weather cooler, milder, more live-able...

I have been living a gypsy-like existence. Most of the month of August I have been sleeping in other folk's beds, taking care of other folk's furry critters, being the caretaker of other folk's magnificent homes of distinguished distinction. I am surrounded by other people's luxuries. So yes, a wandering gypsy, carrying my own bag of vibes, living in the lap of luxury in various parts of town.

It is a supremely weird life. Not bad. Keeps me busy, and in dollars, but it is also sort of strange. I do my best to make my stay-overs truly mine. I  bring my coffee, my music, my books, my groceries, my little kit-bag of essentials. 

These homes all have fabulous home stereo systems. I fill these mansion-like homes with thundering sounds from my CD collection, albums from Led Zeppelin, Steely Dan, Modest Mouse, Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan. I love to dig deep into the discography of these artists. It is a great way to claim the space as my own.

The invigorating aroma of freshly brewed coffee (Organic Sumatra Coffee Beans), hovers over the kitchen and beyond every morning. During the days, a busy, back and forth routine. The little furry creatures have to tune into my ways & waves. I tune into their ways & waves too.

It's a life. Kind of Weird. But mine. Certainly not a bad way to get by. Not getting rich. Living in the homes of the rich. Getting by...

Blog Archive