Faux Fu

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Barks, Smoke, Mirrors...

"Barking up the wrong tree."

Those days when I look upon my own adventures and endeavors with a bit of a jaundiced eye, I wonder, is the sentence above the overall theme of my life?

Chasing the shiny, furry thing, and having it vanish into the ether. I have expended much energy, put on my thinking cap and generated an overflowing cornucopia of crazy-ass fever dreams, odd-ball scenarios, super-imaginative ideas only to be rewarded with empty rabbit holes, empty, denuded trees, false roads, smoke and mirrors, and tantalizingly, under-promising, dead-ends.

Can a man live on barks, smoke and mirrors alone? Probably not. We need to nourish ourselves with real stuff. We need to walk on practical feet. Hold onto to real things. Make a mark in the sand.

The fleeting nature of existence. Sometimes hard to get your head around. But there it is.

Blog Archive