Faux Fu

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

"Slow Down, You're Moving Too Fast, Got to Make the Moment Last..." - Paul Simon

Monday. The plan for the day was healing and renewal. I was taking my cues from a voice in the night (see previous post). It didn't work out that way. Maybe it was a premonition, I will need to heal and save myself.  Starting now. Tooling down the avenue on my bike, cut off by a wildly, hard-turning vehicle, I slammed on the brakes, and catapulted over my handlebars. Yikes. It all happened so fast. I found myself sprawled out on the pavement. Amazingly, I didn't break anything. Bruised and bloodied but still ticking. The vehicle and driver saw the mayhem and just drove off in a trail of dust. That's America, Buddy. It's an Urban Jungle out there. I am beginning to think my shiny new bike is too fast and too light for me. Made me think of that Eagles song:

"Life in the fast lane, surely make you lose your mind
Life in the fast lane, uh-huh
Life in the fast lane, everything all the time
Life in the fast lane, uh-huh..."

Joe Walsh's electric guitar is electric.  Yes. Slow down. That's the lesson swirling in my head this morning. Lucky to still be in one piece.

Blog Archive