Faux Fu

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Dream Baby, Dream...

If you are like me, your eyes glaze over when someone starts telling you about their dreams. For some reason, our dreams are usually brain-numbing to other people, except those folks who are paid to pay attention and care, you know, like professional "head-shrinkers." It's also a bit deflating when you watch a movie, or read a story, and you find out at the end that "It was a all just a dream." Somehow that always comes across as lazy story-telling. Kind of a cheat.

Dreams are just so damn personal

My dreams are often quite jumbled & surreal. Written, Directed and Filmed by an incompetent, or wildly drugged-out avant-garde sensibility. Last night I was a passenger on the Titanic. That ill-fated, ice-berg-crashed ship. I was tossed and turned along with everyone else on-board, a little rag doll in the grips of a major catastrophe. I was sure I was doomed, that feeling of doom and total disintegration swamped me; my body was pummeled by an unrelenting & overwhelming force. I am pretty sure I know why I was having this dream, (see the last few previous posts), I really did experience this kind of thing in "real life," a lightening-quick episode of mayhem and doom and disintegration, but I survived it all in reality and in my dream-world too. In the dream, I floated up above the scene of destruction. I emerged into a blazing, golden light, unscathed, un-maimed. This morning that feeling of wholeness and good feeling, of surviving the worst of the worst of things, surges thru me. Escaping the maiming, that's a good one. Your eyes are probably glazing over right now, Jeezus, it was just a dream! Yep. But so, so true and meaningful, at least to me.

Blog Archive