Faux Fu

Friday, June 02, 2023

A Long Day...

The Longest Day. 

Yesterday it was quite warm here in the Heartland. Sunny. Blue Skies, temps in the 90's. Even near the lake, which usually acts as an organic air-conditioner ("Cooler by the Lake.") it was a summer-like day. The  day dawns and its Suddenly Summer.

I got up with the sunrise, and took to bed at sunset. In between there was a long flurry of constant activity. I wanted to be outside, and events conspired to keep me out on the streets and paths, walking, biking and making a long round of appointments; places to be, and things to do. The day just seemed to be expanded & extended, time ticking slowly, everything in vivid slow motion. 

It felt good. I was definitely in tune with the temper and tempo of the day. It was good for my head. Nothing major happened. It was just a day, a long one. 

Blog Archive