Faux Fu

Monday, March 28, 2022

Ragged, Shiny Beast...

Blazing, glorious sunshine here this morning. I woke up late, had a big blanket over my head. Caught some extra ZZZZ's. Felt good and necessary. Dylan and the Band are on the CD player this morning. The Basement Tapes (Bootleg Version - RAW).  Dylan is just such a special brew. If you are into his music, there is nothing that compares. Truly.

I love the tracks from the basement, they were never really intended to see the light of day, but they are magnificent, funny, wild, unkempt; Dylan's songwriting creativity was over-flowing, and the Band were there giving their all just for themselves. Amazing work. So inspiring, joyful and well, yes, hopeful.

This is the line that sticks out this morning, feeling good, but even before I turn to the headlines of the day, this line, a ragged, shiny beast calls to me: "It's a wicked life, but what the hell, everybody's got to eat." - B. Dylan

Blog Archive