Faux Fu

Monday, March 14, 2022

Conjure & Impose...

Maybe it's to be expected. I got a degree in Psychology, so I see the long, winding road of Human Drama as a psychological thriller. I look at the events of the day, or the unrolling of events that we call History, and I am left with the primary, fundamental question: WHAT the fuck WERE THEY THINKING?

Trying to parse what is going on in Human Being's heads at any one time. Not easy. People are tricky. You know, there are all these competing forces, physical, economic, political, imaginary!

My "minor" was in Literature. So I also sometimes see everything through a novelist's or short story writer's lens too. Throw in all that poetry I read and wrote, and well, everything also seems like a long, prose-poem that sometimes rhymes.  

Still though, sipping coffee this a.m. the thought-bubble rises up in my head, it's all in our heads. The madness, the power, the glory, the idiocy, the horror, the beauty. We conjure and then impose...

Blog Archive