Faux Fu

Friday, January 22, 2021

Bubble-Lucious Mood: Light Everywhere!

"For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it, if only we are brave enough to be it." - Amanda Gorman  (the youngest ever inaugural poet, 2021)

Yesterday. Sky blue sky. And light, glorious, enriching, enchanting light. We went for a super-long, rambling walk. Everything seemed brighter and more alive. Amazing what a new day can bring (see two previous posts).

We were in a totally bubble-licious mood. Or maybe it was bubble-luscious mood. 

I was totally loquacious. Talking off the top of my head. Energized. A bit wild. Funny, unexpected things kept leaping out of my mouth. My companion was laughing, shaking her head in wonder. 

Change. Yes. I do think change is life. Life is change. People change too. I can testify. Yes. It's true. I blurted out some ridiculous sentences yesterday. I said things my younger self, and people I grew up with, folks who knew my young jadedness would have totally laughed at, considered dumb, preposterous that I was speaking these words.

But, you know, new day, new me. Here are a few sentences that even I was surprised speaking yesterday:

"Garth Brooks singing Amazing Grace brought me to tears."

"Jay-Lo singing This Land is Your Land & America the Beautiful totally knocked me out."

Also I broke into song at one point on our walk, bathing in the sunshine I shouted: "Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy."  

And then: "You know, there's nothing wrong with John Denver."

Finally, rounding home, both of us tiring a bit from such a long ramble, I pulled out my favorite Vince Lombardi quote, I mean, maybe my second favorite quote, the first is probably, "Run to daylight."
My second favorite quote, and one I go to often, which is hilarious, because as a young lad, I absolutely hated Lombardi, I loathed the man, I loathed all that power of positive thinking philosophy, now, it's embedded in my DNA: "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." 

Yes. Indeed. No doubt. Call me crazy!

The a.m soundtrack - Wilco's "Sky Blue Sky"  (2007) - A total knockout album. Gorgeous, exuberant.  There is nothing wrong with beauty. Can't argue with it, or diminish it. Nels Cline, Pat Sansone make huge contributions. Jeff Tweedy sings with total confidence and control. Brilliant guitar work throughout. A great way to start a day. I do see the light...

Blog Archive