Faux Fu

Thursday, November 19, 2020

An Olaf Morning...

I can usually meet the day pretty much half-way. You know, bright-eyed, coffee cup filled to the brim, a streak of hope and optimism flashing thru me. Not today. Just not into it. I am not in despair. Just mildly disconnected & annoyed. I don't like the drift of the news this morning. I am a bit at a loss for words. The news of the day is sort of distasteful. My fellow human beings are proving to be disappointing (not a new thing). Their lack of basic intelligence and stubborn irrationality, makes me want to sit silently on a bench somewhere, the trees swaying in the breeze, the waves crashing to the shore.

I aimlessly crack a new book (it arrived via post yesterday), that I've never cracked before, and come upon this: 

Olaf (upon what were once knees)
does almost ceaselessly repeat
"there is some shit I will not eat."

-- e.e. cummings

It is an Olaf morning...

Blog Archive