Faux Fu

Monday, November 02, 2020

Democracy Decides...

The suspense is killing me. 

Waiting for, and slightly dreading, election day, tomorrow, Nov. 3, 2020. It seems like a pivot point, a critical event, a momentous occasion for our fledgling Democracy. In my "sunny moments," I see a landslide Blue Wave, healing & beautiful. In my "dumps moments" I see more chaos, division, hatred.

Maybe the smart thing: a bit of both, you know, landslide Blue Wave with a small, loud, unhappy minority causing a retrograde ruckus. A new day dawning with a hangover of hate. A major step forward, but a long, protracted fight ahead.

As my Father always used to say: "No one ever promised you a rose garden." Although, really, let the roses bloom!

We live in a such an unhappy, divisive time. Disinformation. Bad blood. Madness. USA seems like a lurching, stumbling beast of competing visions. I can't help but be optimistic and hopeful, but I don't know if that is really smart, or really dumb. I also live with a small streak of uncertainty, doubt, and worry cutting thru the sunshine.

Still, no matter what, I am not the best worrier in the land. I leave that up to some of my close friends and relatives. They are all so much better worriers than I. So yes, the suspense is killing us. I lean to the light.

Let's count the votes. All of the votes. Let's see what Democracy decides. Dare I say it? I see Joe & Kamala on a stage, smiling, grateful, ready to go to work. But, well, let's count the votes.

Blog Archive