Faux Fu

Friday, April 10, 2020

A Bit Bewildering...

Good Friday 2020.

If I part the cobwebs in the catacombs of my brain, I can still sort of discern some meaning, a shred of a resonance, a fading echo. I remember all those church services as a wee, uncomprehending lad, wading thru a brutal replay of the Stations of the Cross. It was pretty harrowing. I knew something big and important was going down. Poor Jesus. He seemed to find himself in a very bad scene.

It was all so guilt-inducing. Sad. Shameful. Strange. The Nuns kept telling us that we all had something to do with it. My fellow classmates and I were somehow a party to it all. Not sure what that was all about. I was always a bit bewildered by the whole spectacle. I always felt bad for Jesus.  He seemed like a nice enough guy. Maybe misunderstood?

This morning I wake up to Good Friday and the Plague. Covid-19 is having it's way with Humanity. It's all a bit bewildering this morning too. There is tragedy and terror loose in the land. Makes one sad, and maybe, uncomprehendingly guilty. Strange.

We are all so fallible, mortal, iffy, marginal, subject to all the bad shit that nature and man can conjure up. Terrible things happen to ordinary folks. Every day. It just doesn't seem right. Poor Humanity. Poor Jesus. Maybe we have all been misunderstood?

Bad shit going down. Just trying to carry on, to try to make it to the other side. Is there another side?

The a.m. soundtrack - Arcade Fire's "Funeral."  (2004). An incredible debut album. A band, a sound, fully-hatched, perfectly-realized. A stunning debut record. Breathtakingly good. Exciting. Catchy. Lyrical. Profound. Arty. Sad. Glorious. Win Butler's voice always reminds me a bit of David Byrne. Regine Chassagne's voice a thing of ethereal beauty. Anyway something new, unique. Birthed out of a series of family deaths. A sadly joyful emanation. So good & brilliant. Sounds so alive and fresh this Good Friday morning.

Blog Archive