Faux Fu

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Still Buzzing!


Yes, well, I'm still buzzing about the Flaming Lips' "Dark Side of the Moon."  I saw the live concert video first, and was totally, totally blown away.  Renewed my faith in the r&r experience.  Renewed my faith in the power of music to heal. Renewed my faith in the Flaming Lips as one of the great American weirdo r&r bands.  Renewed my faith in Wayne Coyne as some kind of zany, cosmic evangelist.

I had to hunt down the CD... I plunked down $13.95 at my local CD store... and I'm not disappointed.  In fact, the recorded version is just superb, and offers it's own unique pleasures.  Features Henry Rollins and Peaches.  And the band is in great, great form.  It's a pretty faithful recreation of the Pink Floyd original.  But everything comes thru the Flaming Lips filter; it's all a little funkier, more rocking, funnier, and more profound.  It's zany, and rambling, and cool.  Really.

I've been riding the vibe for days now.  And it's just the greatest feeling.  Amazing that a CD can do that for you... but this one is just such a funky, wacky, cosmic, joy... a real gem... wow!

Blog Archive