Faux Fu

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wee Hours

Yesterday was the kickoff of the three day Abbie Fest. I went into the city met the other Festival marchers under the shadow of the Piccasso statue and made the two and half hour trek up to the theater. Nice afternoon, big crowd of marchers, great vibe, the city was alive.

I watched lots and lots of theater. Until the wee hours of the morning. The outpouring of talent and creativity on display at the fest is always amazing. I don't think there is anything quite like the Chicago theater scene (I'm talking about the no money, little company, fringe scene) anywhere else in the country.

I took many pictures. Will probably post a few later. Today we rehearse and tomorrow we perform our little piece in the afternoon. I love this crazy, tripped out, kooky, human thing.

Blog Archive