Faux Fu

Friday, December 28, 2007

"I must above all things love myself..." - Nick Cave

Good consumers that we are, the Lovely Carla and I purchased a couple of music discs for Christmas. I think it was more of a Winter Solstice celebration really, because, come on, that whole virgin birth thing with the Immaculate Conception, the farm animals in the little manger, and the three wise guys bullshit, just sort of leaves me stone cold sober.

I came across Nick Cave's band Grinderman and their disc called, surprise, surprise, "Grinderman." There's a picture of a monkey on the cover, a little organ grinder type monkey. It's a perfect image to introduce you to the music on the little spinning disc. I'm thinking Nick is projecting himself onto that monkey, and in fact, I think he's projecting for all of us. We are all like that little organ grinder monkey, dancing to nature's unforgiving tune!

Here's a live version of Cave's "No Pussy Blues." All in all, it's a funny, raging little ditty. It's got a good beat, you can probably dance to it too! You know how to dance don't you...?

Blog Archive