Walking on the planet for awhile, (maybe too long?) one begins to suspect some things that one hopes really aren't true:
1. It isn't really all going to work out for the best.
2. Hate is stronger than love.
3. Time won't heal all wounds.
4. Love will tear us apart (thanks to Joy Division).
5. Some things happen for no good reason. I mean there's a reason. But it isn't a good one.
6. Life isn't something we can figure out. It's not a puzzle or riddle to solve. (This might be a good thing. But it's frustrating).
7. Age doesn't make us smarter.
8. Rock and roll won't save our souls (for more on this, please see the movie of Ian Curtis' life - "Control").
9. If we have a soul, it isn't anything we can understand, or redeem for valuable prizes later. It's probably more like a cloud.
10. Being a human being is kind of embarrassing.
11. As per Samuel Beckett - other people's misery (and ours too) is quite funny.
12. Pleasure evaporates quickly, pain lingers.
13. Life, it's not a journey, it's not a lesson book, it's not a quiz. What is it?
- ► 2019 (346)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- The Base!
- Be Aware, Be Awake!
- My Friend
- This is What Happens When You Don't Sleep...
- Texas Governor - Morons Only Need Apply...
- I'll let you be in my movie, if I can be in yours....
- The Singer and the Sage
- Das Kapital!
- What Mask Today?
- Behind Closed Eyes
- Smoke Up Our Asses!
- Dancing on the Grave of an SOB - Diane Wakoski
- Alive and Vital
- The Mad Beat-ster
- "Don't forget that you're alive." - J. Strummer
- Black Face is Verboten
- Tough Guys Don't Dance Forever
- Time is a Circle
- Which Means There's No Lack of Material!
- A Dream of a Shadow
- Germ Day
- More "Proverbs from Hell?"
- ▼ November (24)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)