Faux Fu

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"I'll be in my basement room, with a needle and a spoon..." - Dead Flowers (Jagger & Richards)


I am convinced we are all just chemical cocktails. Or, I mean, there is a chemistry involved in the most basic and fundamental aspects of who and what we are. It's the balance of the chemistry that determines whether we are bright and chipper or low and dumpy. Maybe this is not news, I mean the pharmacuetical industry has worked overtime to convince us that everything, every ailment, every waking state, known to humanity can be medicated. I'm a big skeptic of the medical industry. Just like any of our modern marvels, it's all about the money, and well, there's the "pusher man," and then there's the "pusher industry" and just because it's now all so much more legitimate, what with the medical degrees and white lab coats and layers of management, come on man, it's the same damn thing! Hook your client on the stuff and well, keep that money flowing, baby!

All my favorite drugs have been recreational ones and at least with the recreational drugs well we are looking for some kind of trascendance or numbing, or maybe a good laugh and a case of the munchies. At this point in my journey I'm reaching for the coffee more than just about anything else. So yes, I'm constantly ginning up my system with massive quantities of caffiene and I'm sure I pay the price somewhere down the line. So yesterday, I was higher than a kite, I mean, everything was clicking, beautiful day, great run on the lakefront, my business opportunities were multiplying like bunnies, I mean, everything was sweet and rosy.

This morning, well, there's the inevitable arc, right? So high as a kite yesterday means this morning I'm dragging on the floor. There's an inevitably at work here, it's in the chemistry and well, so if I have to brew up another pot to get me back to that state of ecstasy, I mean, who's gonna stop me? And if I feature a picture of a french press coffee pot, is that so bad, is it really like a heroin addict showing off his needle and spoon?

Blog Archive