Faux Fu

Friday, March 09, 2007

Doors


Well, they say, "as one door closes, another opens."

Do they really say that? Well, if they do, whoever they are, I know what they mean. I've lately had doors slammed in my face. It is not a good feeling. But then again, new doors have swung open wide, and well, what's a good boy to do? I'm gonna take a chance on door number one, two and three. That's a deal I can't refuse.

Spring is in the air here in Chicago today. The days are starting to get noticeably longer, and well, hope springs eternal. My life has taken a few wrong turns lately, but surprisingly, these wrong turns may turn out to be right. Isn't that just a kick in the pants?

I've never really been good at planning things. My life just seems to keep on coming and well, I take it as it comes. You can't keep sunnyjimmy down. Not when the coffee is good, and the sun is shining, and well, you find a few like-minded souls who know that everything really is magic.

So, yes, a door...and a window and an escape hatch, and a trial balloon, and a life raft, a getaway car, a rocket to Russia, a jet pack, a parachute, a saftey belt, a bungy cord, anything that keeps the game moving forward. I'm in.

Blog Archive