This is John Lukacs: "It is hatred that unites people. People take satisfaction from the idea that we are good because our enemies are evil. This is a very American syndrome but it is also universally true of mankind."
Well, I think, love too must unite us, but for some reason it seems to be less tangible, less of a galvanizing force, more personal and diffuse. "Love is a rose, but you better not pick it..." (N. Young).
The 'haters,' seem to be more motivated, better at organizing, better at 'drawing the line,' between one club and another. Bertrand Russell pointed out that there is a club (a set) consisting of members, who are not members of any club (if they are members of the non-members club, then they are not members of a club of non-members - so, if they are, they aren't, and if they aren't, they are (is that perfectly clear?) - this is a paradox - not good for a logical system). His 'discovery,' of this special club, kind of blew set theory out of the water. I think that's the club I aspire to, the club that blows all clubs out of the water. Of course, there would be no malice in the 'blowing.' No, instead, all clubs would be zapped with riveluts of complete, all conquering, golden, shimmering LOVE.
- ► 2020 (187)
- ► 2019 (364)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- "White Rabbit" - Grace Slick
- "There Ain't No Why, It Just Is" - V. Morrison
- "I'm a Soul Man" - Sam and Dave
- Endless Night and Sweet Delight
- "Playing in the Band" - B. Weir
- Two Rivers
- "Darkness at the break of noon..." B. Dylan
- The Professor and the Poet
- "But in him, fiction and reality were one and the ...
- "Something Happened" - J. Heller
- "Life is a Carnival" - The Band
- "A man or a mouse?"
- Del Close -- Closer Than You Think
- "War is Peace" - G. Orwell, '1984'
- "The Harold" -- Del Close
- "Why do we have a mind, if not to get our own way?...
- Le Grand Illusion
- "What is Your Original Face?"
- "Tommorrow Never Knows" - J. Lennon
- "Birds of a Feather, Flock Together"
- "Love Will Tear Us Apart" - Joy Division
- 'We're Living Proof that Nothing Lasts' - Son Volt
- A Life of Delight
- Hey, Let's Keep Men Stupid!
- How Does a Brain Talk to Itself?
- "Living is Easy with Eyes Closed." - J. Lennon
- ▼ March (29)