This is the way it goes: I get up early Sunday morning, flip on the radio, start making the coffee, and I hear a guy, who is both a Quantum Physicist and a Christian Theologian. He explains that his perspective 'transcends,' both science and religion. He (I didn't catch his name) conjures an image of a god who set up a universe that is in the process of becoming. It is a creation populated with creatures (from microbes, teutonic plates, to people) that creates itself. Cancer and concentratin camps can exist in this world, because the shadow side of freedom and free will, is suffering, horror, pain, etc.
Darwin's dangerous idea ("I've got nothing to hide, cept me and my monkey!") fits in this universe of becoming, it's a mechanism of improvisation. God is not lazy, incompetant, no, he is almighty, but hey, he just can't be bothered with the details (a baby dies in it's crib - boo hoo!). So it's all up to us. We are becoming too. We are improvisers without a script, we're in a comedy with tragic overtones, or maybe a tragedy with comedic episodes. Well, if it's all improvisation, one of the key rules as an improviser is to always say yes. 'No,' stops the action, 'yes,' furthers it. It is our job to keep the action moving forward.
- ► 2020 (267)
- ► 2019 (364)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- "White Rabbit" - Grace Slick
- "There Ain't No Why, It Just Is" - V. Morrison
- "I'm a Soul Man" - Sam and Dave
- Endless Night and Sweet Delight
- "Playing in the Band" - B. Weir
- Two Rivers
- "Darkness at the break of noon..." B. Dylan
- The Professor and the Poet
- "But in him, fiction and reality were one and the ...
- "Something Happened" - J. Heller
- "Life is a Carnival" - The Band
- "A man or a mouse?"
- Del Close -- Closer Than You Think
- "War is Peace" - G. Orwell, '1984'
- "The Harold" -- Del Close
- "Why do we have a mind, if not to get our own way?...
- Le Grand Illusion
- "What is Your Original Face?"
- "Tommorrow Never Knows" - J. Lennon
- "Birds of a Feather, Flock Together"
- "Love Will Tear Us Apart" - Joy Division
- 'We're Living Proof that Nothing Lasts' - Son Volt
- A Life of Delight
- Hey, Let's Keep Men Stupid!
- How Does a Brain Talk to Itself?
- "Living is Easy with Eyes Closed." - J. Lennon
- ▼ March (29)