Faux Fu

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Cool Trick of the Mind...

Gorgeous day in our neighborhood yesterday. 

Smoke and haze from the Canadian fires swept away by a change of breeze. Moderate temps, sunny, blue sky day. The lake looked like an ocean. We were back to our amazing bench. Folks stopped by and said, "Hello."

It's funny, but true, after a life-long practice, I am getting really good at living in the moment. You know, being totally ZEN, and really living by Ram Dass' powerful idea "Be Here Now."

I can visit the Past, but not get hung up there. I can glimpse possible Futures, but I am aware that my ideas are probably smoke and vapor-trails. I do a lot less brooding over, or speculating about, things I have no control over. Not worried about being "right," or "wrong," but just happy to be alive in the momentary "what-is." It seems like a much more clear-eyed, diamond-headed, clarifying way to live, and to be.

Everything is the moment, in, and of, the moment. If you live in the moment it seems as if it is ever-extending and always-expanding. Experiencing moment as eternity. A weirdly cool trick of the mind, no doubt. The main shift has been not just knowing to Be Here Now, but to do it, naturally, easily, and with little effort. That's the Way of Moment to Moment Zen.

Blog Archive