Faux Fu

Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Work, Eat, Sleep, Dream...

Lately, for me, it's all about simplifying my day to day. Doing one thing at a time. Refusing to multi-task. Trying my best to approach everything with my full attention. Un-scatter my head. It helps to live in the "real world." You know the world of pavement, sidewalks, trees, squirrels, lake, sun, cloud, mud and grass. To breathe in the air of a day. Take it in and let it animate.

I scan the morning headlines, I feel it is my duty to try to "keep up with the news" but most of it is sad and terrifying. I spend lots of my time attending to my favorite "art:" movies ("Licorice Pizza," "The Lighthouse," "Coda", "The Witch," "The Big Lebowski") a good novel (Ken Kesey's "Sometimes a Great Notion") and music.  Mainly music. I let the sound-waves roll over me and enrapture me. Spending lots of time with Sigur Ros, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Stones, Dylan, Peter Gabriel, Nick Cave, you know, the usual suspects.

Work, eat, sleep, dream.  That's pretty much the whole she-bang. One thing at a time. And don't forget: Do the hard things first, no hesitation. That is a lesson learned.

Blog Archive