Faux Fu

Monday, December 27, 2021

Smaller...

I'm not kidding. I am getting smaller. I think of that movie, "The Incredible Shrinking Man." Never actually saw it, but I think I understand the premise. In my case, I am slowly, incrementally getting smaller. Is it age? Gravity? Are my bones actually shrinking? I don't know. My companion thinks this is wonderful. She looks forward to a time when she can put me in her pocket. 

You know, as I child I really, really wanted to be invisible. I did my best. I was always shocked when a Nun called me out in Catholic grade school. I thought no one could see me, and I was happy about it. It seemed like a super-power. It was only later when I got into acting and music that I really wanted to be seen. Strange journey. And then, well, being on stage acting and singing, often I was invisible. It was only gradually that I got more, and more attention when I performed.

Now, I am happy to be seen, but then, a new unexpected development, I am shrinking. I bought a new hat from a shop in Poland, it's enormous, an enormous knit-hat. Makes me look like a very small man. All my clothes seem over-sized now. It's comfy, cozy, but everything is now hanging off me. I look like a tiny rag doll in human clothes. Weird. I don't know where this ends.  

The a.m. soundtrack - "Emerson, Lake & Palmer" (1970). I always loved this record. Never understood the intense hatred for this band. I know, maybe it's the name, it sounds like a law firm, but these three musicians really, really know how to play their instruments. A classical bent. Prog-Rock. Later in the 70's the Punks made bands like this seem like dinosaurs. No matter. Sounds fabulous this morning on the box.

Blog Archive