Not feeling the love from the 1%. You know, those folks at the top of the pyramid. Those who run things all around the world. The rich getting richer. Every day. Money loves money and money + money = money.
The rest of us look up at the top of the pyramid, some of us hope to be up there too, some of us hope those at the top will show a bit of kindness and mercy for the rest of us. But really, that seems foolish.
Yes, the 99% greatly out-number the 1%. You'd think that would be in our favor. If we all got together and decided to slice the economic pie in a more progressive and fairer manner, a little creative re-distribution, we could make sure that all of us could share in the bounty and the beauty of life, that we could all live better and more productive lives.
You wonder why some of us live in pain and squalor. Why do vast swaths of the world's population live in bleak and utter poverty? And why do the 1% just look for tax havens and more elaborate tax-avoiding schemes to park and hide their money?
Sure seems like a rigged game. The 1% buy their politicians, their armies, their police forces. They buy their way into the rule-making game. They make the rules for the rest of us. Surprisingly the rules always favor that 1%.
Money sticks with money. That's the way of the world. And no one wants to share their money or power. Really. We count on the kindness and intelligence of the 1%, we look up to them, hands extended, but really we are the invisible 99%. The ones who get in the way.
- ► 2019 (340)
- Light & Shadow!
- Tolerating the Intolerant, it's Intolerable...
- Massive Blue Wave Next Tuesday! Please!
- The Main Event.
- Words Have Consequences.
- "You will know what it is to have been wild, and y...
- The Calculus of Hatred.
- "Some folks are born, silver spoon in hand..." - J...
- Hyping the Hate!
- We Need Better Lies, Better Liars!
- The Official Lies, Paper-Thin, Unbelievable.
- Chocolate Cake.
- Dead Souls - They Keep Calling Me.
- "... the Tension Between the Angel and the Beast.....
- The Ones Who Get in the Way!
- Paging Through the Newspaper.
- I Turn to Tom Joad.
- Missing Washington Post Journalist
- Come for the Music, Stay for the Owls!
- Not a Presidency, A Very Public Nervous Breakdown!...
- Blood. On. Our. Hands.
- "People have the Power." - Patti Smith
- Not Quite Supreme!
- Sometimes Not Knowing is the Best Knowing!
- Everything is Tainted!
- People Just Don't See Eye to Eye.
- I'm Sure He Will Be Measured, Honest, Fair - NOT!
- "Disgusting, Vile & Soul-less!"
- Strangling Up Our Minds.
- Clarity is King!
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)