It wasn't mine. It was sitting on the counter. A half of a chocolate cake. Sitting in it's container, looking fresh, delicious, luxurious, a dark chocolate ganache, mini sheet cake. The label said: "moist, flavorful cake with a smooth ganache cream cheese frosting." Really? Decadent. I kept looking at that cake. It really, really looked good.
Of course, I "watch what I eat." I don't just sit down and wolf down a half of a chocolate cake. Dead Souls are calling me (see previous post), and that chocolate cake was calling me too.
"Maybe have just a little slice?"
I have incredible will-power, I really do. Until it crumbles, and then when it crumbles no will-power at all. That's kind of the addict's way, right?!
Oh man. I grabbed a knife and fork. Delicately, precisely cut out a little slice and devoured that in an instant. Pure pleasure. Right? Can't describe how perfectly that went down. Tantalizing my tastebuds, flooding my body with sweetness and goodness.
Oh hell. I cut another slice, and another, and another. Devoured the whole thing. That whole half a cake disappeared. It was satisfying. The container fully empty. A void. Void of cake.
That's how you do it. You eat that chocolate cake. Yes, you do. Damn the torpedos.
- ► 2019 (364)
- Light & Shadow!
- Tolerating the Intolerant, it's Intolerable...
- Massive Blue Wave Next Tuesday! Please!
- The Main Event.
- Words Have Consequences.
- "You will know what it is to have been wild, and y...
- The Calculus of Hatred.
- "Some folks are born, silver spoon in hand..." - J...
- Hyping the Hate!
- We Need Better Lies, Better Liars!
- The Official Lies, Paper-Thin, Unbelievable.
- Chocolate Cake.
- Dead Souls - They Keep Calling Me.
- "... the Tension Between the Angel and the Beast.....
- The Ones Who Get in the Way!
- Paging Through the Newspaper.
- I Turn to Tom Joad.
- Missing Washington Post Journalist
- Come for the Music, Stay for the Owls!
- Not a Presidency, A Very Public Nervous Breakdown!...
- Blood. On. Our. Hands.
- "People have the Power." - Patti Smith
- Not Quite Supreme!
- Sometimes Not Knowing is the Best Knowing!
- Everything is Tainted!
- People Just Don't See Eye to Eye.
- I'm Sure He Will Be Measured, Honest, Fair - NOT!
- "Disgusting, Vile & Soul-less!"
- Strangling Up Our Minds.
- Clarity is King!
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)