I first wrote about my "Shaman Experience," here. That was the practice session. Last night was the main event, it was called "The Wild Hunt." It was performed in a church basement. A plain, friendly room. Filled with Shamans from many places, Illinois, Missouri, Virginia.
There was a cairn in the middle of the floor, a cairn built with trinkets, amulets, talismans, written prayers, various odd & ends, rocks and bones.
I was one of the musicians, there were four of us, I was a drummer, but because of my long experience meditating and conjuring images in my mind, I felt sort of like a bridge between the musicians and the Shamans. There were at least 25 Shamans. The room vibrated with expectancy and intelligence. It was extraordinary just to be in a room with these folks.
Once the hunt began I drummed and visioned. It was intense, indelible, powerful, unexplainable. I easily fell into a trance state. Yes, I went on a little journey, propelled by the drumming, everyone in the room was either drumming or shaking shakers, or spinning, or moving in some ritualistic way. We were all propelled by the music - drums, double-bass, ethereal washes of electric guitar.
Did everything go the way it was supposed to go? I suppose so. I can only speak for myself, I went deep inside, my whole body seemed to vibrate, every nerve in my body seemed to be re-lit with life and energy. I conjured up some striking, improbable, indelible images in my mind. That was pretty amazing, satisfying and intriguing.
- ► 2019 (364)
- Light & Shadow!
- Tolerating the Intolerant, it's Intolerable...
- Massive Blue Wave Next Tuesday! Please!
- The Main Event.
- Words Have Consequences.
- "You will know what it is to have been wild, and y...
- The Calculus of Hatred.
- "Some folks are born, silver spoon in hand..." - J...
- Hyping the Hate!
- We Need Better Lies, Better Liars!
- The Official Lies, Paper-Thin, Unbelievable.
- Chocolate Cake.
- Dead Souls - They Keep Calling Me.
- "... the Tension Between the Angel and the Beast.....
- The Ones Who Get in the Way!
- Paging Through the Newspaper.
- I Turn to Tom Joad.
- Missing Washington Post Journalist
- Come for the Music, Stay for the Owls!
- Not a Presidency, A Very Public Nervous Breakdown!...
- Blood. On. Our. Hands.
- "People have the Power." - Patti Smith
- Not Quite Supreme!
- Sometimes Not Knowing is the Best Knowing!
- Everything is Tainted!
- People Just Don't See Eye to Eye.
- I'm Sure He Will Be Measured, Honest, Fair - NOT!
- "Disgusting, Vile & Soul-less!"
- Strangling Up Our Minds.
- Clarity is King!
- ▼ October (31)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- ► 2015 (365)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)