Faux Fu

Monday, October 12, 2015

Missing Out on the Living?!


Nothing makes me happier than to find a blog post referencing Jean Paul Sartre on a Monday morning. How existential! How many JPS sentences have I struggled over? I must say, that a beret just never sat upon my head very comfortably, but JPS is definitely one of those thinkers, and cultural figures, that captivated me, opened my head. Helped me find a way out of my "Catholic guilt" and regret phase.

How to live? Do you tell stories, or listen to other's stories? Do you lose yourself in the moment? Or do you observe and recount every moment that you live? Do you lose yourself, or watch yourself? We now live in the "Age of the Selfie!" But if you are always watching and documenting are you missing out on the living part?

Blog Archive