Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Yes, it's true. If you have a friend, a real, long-time friend, anything can be transformed. A rainy Monday, on the El, going to the dentist?! Who knew that going to the dentist could be fun?! Turns out our teeth are fine, a patch here and there. And then off to Old Jerusalem in Old Town, dinner at one of our all-time favorite restaurants. Everything tasting extraordinarily great. Talking with the owners, people we've known for years and years, recalling days long ago when Old Town was funky, and bohemian, and the rents were so much more affordable. Through it all, still friends. And then the long ride back home on the train. And stops along the way brought laughter, lots of laughter. Can't buy that kind of good feeling. It just emerges, over time, a long time, together.
- ► 2020 (196)
- ► 2019 (364)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- Trent Reznor Goes for the Apple!
- Grumblings from the Dead-Enders!
- Obama and the Emanuel African Methodist Flock will...
- Marriage Equality! Wonderful!
- Fight "Social Anxiety" with Pickles!
- How to Conquer Hate with Love?
- "What Gun?!"
- The Old Time Music Model Works Just Fine!
- Taylor Swift Strikes A Blow Against the Empire for...
- Marilyn Monroe Quotes Milton!
- America, Gun-Sick!
- Jerry Seinfeld - Drop in Ocean, Goofy Guru and TM ...
- Root for the Pope Team - Eco-Justice!
- The War on Drugs - Comfortably Dumb!
- Old Friends!
- You Always Have To Do The Work
- The Finest Stuff
- A 140 Character Tower of Babel
- My Telecaster - Unique Mojo
- Vinyl Record - The Ideal Artistic Form
- Skimming Or Delving In
- The Beach Boys were "The Straights"
- We All Need a Little Love & Mercy!
- Embrace Guacamole!
- Let Them In...
- Perception of Time
- The Pen is Still Mightier!
- Find Yourself, Get Lost!
- Ebb & Flow
- A Collection of "Off-Kilterness"
- ▼ June (30)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)