It dawns on a person. Or at least it dawned on this person, somewhere along the line, that you have to work at finding meaning and purpose in life. You have to work at being positive/optimistic. You have to choose to believe. Yes, you must make the leap, damn the torpedoes.
It is actually much easier to choose not to play. To sit back, complain, refuse to participate, refuse to try, or to dream. Negativity comes so naturally. To be negative, to tear down, to knock, to belittle, to snark - makes you feel so superior, so smart.
Choosing optimism, choosing to be positive seems sort of naive, and the act of choosing somehow makes it seem less genuine. But it is just fear that holds us back. Once you start choosing to be optimistic, you can expand it into all areas of your life.
Choose to live with heart, hope, joy, cheer. Choose your Gods, choose your faith. Choose and work at choosing...
- ► 2019 (341)
- ► 2018 (365)
- ► 2017 (365)
- ► 2016 (366)
- Work At It!
- Cocaine & Prostitutes!
- U2 - Can You Say Gargantuan?!
- Waking State/Dreaming State
- "Something Rather Than Nothing."
- Lit Up from the Inside!
- To Live Wide, Rather than Long...
- It's Not a Method, It's My Life!
- Deranged as Possible!
- Artist or Soup Can?
- Actively Surrender
- Power and Depth!
- Iraq War - Entirely Negative or Even Terrible!
- Extraordinary Morning Read
- Thoughtful, Intelligent Souls
- A Bounty on A Head!
- All An Elaborate Cover Story!
- Progressives and History!
- Practical Ethics - In Practice!
- U2 Busks Back Into our Good Graces!
- You Say You Want to Shop!
- Science and the Market - More Powerful than Dirty ...
- You Think You Know the Story...
- Keep the Game Going!
- Active Segregation!
- Lord Litter - Renegade Sonic Pioneer!
- Motto to Live By
- We Can Solve the Problem!
- A Big Problem
- Human Being's Death Wish Realized: AI
- American Apartheid!
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2014 (365)
- ► 2013 (365)
- ► 2012 (366)
- ► 2011 (365)
- ► 2010 (370)
- ► 2009 (366)
- ► 2008 (360)
- ► 2007 (285)
- ► 2006 (183)
- ► 2005 (350)